Satisfaction of the day!
I managed to whip up a successful plate of Garlic Fried Rice! :D
Everybody commented that it was good and a lot better than my Garlic Black Rice the other time. Heh.
This time Uncle Cai monitored me.
He's a very good teacher... Very professional.
Ah. Shall practise it the next time Ah Low's not around again. :X
It was tough though... A good plate of fried rice is actually very complicating.
I was perspiring like crazy cause of the heat from the stove.
Karen was the runner for today!
So we did lots of naughty stuff in the kitchen. Haha.
She was like learning how to deep fry the Ebi Tenpura and Hanasaki Ika Fried.
Not to mention the sending and receiving 'gifts' from Yvonne who was working upstairs.
She sends Yvonne some cooked food while the other party sends her ice-cream in return. -_-"
Oh and today when she asked Wenshan to help her buy some soya bean milk...
Ah Low was asking her what it was for.
Then she just happily said "Wo3 de4 xiong1 bu4 gou4 da4 ma1!"!
It was so loud that I just started laughing at my counter. Hahaha.
She was just joking actually, but it was just so funny and out of the blue!
Imagine if there were lots of customers at that time. -_-
-shakes head-
Was alone at the counter in the morning, instead of the usual two.
Did everything myself... So I was sort of rushing.
Pretty nice to work alone sometimes.
I mean... It keeps my brain working... Cause I got to think of what to do next very quickly.
Came to a conclusion that the brain works like a computer.
Plans everything ahead, and always use the shortest and fastest method.
After I was done with my work, went to help Ah Xiang who was working at the back kitchen.
He taught me how to make the shredded tsuma... Radish I mean.
Pretty interesting! At least it beats making rice balls. -rolls eyes-
Made the egg mixture for Chawamushi.
It's pretty simple actually!
Uncommon ingredients... But all you have to do is to just steam it.
Chopped spring onions after that.
Ah Low was commenting that I'm an expert with knives already. :D
Ahh... Finally. After lots of practising!
The first time I held a knife, I looked like a idiot.
As in... Those who do not know how to hold a knife, would just grab it.
But actually... There are different ways to hold it when you cut different things.
I used to take like half an hour to cut fine vegetables... Now I take just a few minutes. :P
Anyway, I'm off tomorrow!
Finally a break for me!
Don't know what I'll be doing tomorrow though.
Think I'll go for a swim?
Swimming takes my mind off everything that's going on around me.
Just like how I loved swimming when I was a kid.
I could just swim alone for hours at the condominium's swimming pool.
Maybe I'll go out with Elaine after she's done with her work.
We shall see. :)
I managed to whip up a successful plate of Garlic Fried Rice! :D
Everybody commented that it was good and a lot better than my Garlic Black Rice the other time. Heh.
This time Uncle Cai monitored me.
He's a very good teacher... Very professional.
Ah. Shall practise it the next time Ah Low's not around again. :X
It was tough though... A good plate of fried rice is actually very complicating.
I was perspiring like crazy cause of the heat from the stove.
Karen was the runner for today!
So we did lots of naughty stuff in the kitchen. Haha.
She was like learning how to deep fry the Ebi Tenpura and Hanasaki Ika Fried.
Not to mention the sending and receiving 'gifts' from Yvonne who was working upstairs.
She sends Yvonne some cooked food while the other party sends her ice-cream in return. -_-"
Oh and today when she asked Wenshan to help her buy some soya bean milk...
Ah Low was asking her what it was for.
Then she just happily said "Wo3 de4 xiong1 bu4 gou4 da4 ma1!"!
It was so loud that I just started laughing at my counter. Hahaha.
She was just joking actually, but it was just so funny and out of the blue!
Imagine if there were lots of customers at that time. -_-
-shakes head-
Was alone at the counter in the morning, instead of the usual two.
Did everything myself... So I was sort of rushing.
Pretty nice to work alone sometimes.
I mean... It keeps my brain working... Cause I got to think of what to do next very quickly.
Came to a conclusion that the brain works like a computer.
Plans everything ahead, and always use the shortest and fastest method.
After I was done with my work, went to help Ah Xiang who was working at the back kitchen.
He taught me how to make the shredded tsuma... Radish I mean.
Pretty interesting! At least it beats making rice balls. -rolls eyes-
Made the egg mixture for Chawamushi.
It's pretty simple actually!
Uncommon ingredients... But all you have to do is to just steam it.
Chopped spring onions after that.
Ah Low was commenting that I'm an expert with knives already. :D
Ahh... Finally. After lots of practising!
The first time I held a knife, I looked like a idiot.
As in... Those who do not know how to hold a knife, would just grab it.
But actually... There are different ways to hold it when you cut different things.
I used to take like half an hour to cut fine vegetables... Now I take just a few minutes. :P
Anyway, I'm off tomorrow!
Finally a break for me!
Don't know what I'll be doing tomorrow though.
Think I'll go for a swim?
Swimming takes my mind off everything that's going on around me.
Just like how I loved swimming when I was a kid.
I could just swim alone for hours at the condominium's swimming pool.
Maybe I'll go out with Elaine after she's done with her work.
We shall see. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home