Monday, May 17, 2004

Poor Ah Low fell and sprained his leg after closing today.
The floor was damn slippery cause we just washed it.
Mm... Hopefully he'll be able to walk properly tomorrow.

Guess what.
I was almost late for work today!
It's the second day of the month and I was almost late twice?!
Didn't go for breakfast with the rest cause I needed the sleep.
So I told Yvonne to wake me up at 9.30AM instead.
That woman happily waited for her prata to arrive... Then realised that she forgot all about calling me. -_-"
She called at only 9.45AM.
Quickly changed and wash up.
Rushed out of the house and ran for the bus stop when I saw a bus coming.
Reached just in time... 9.57AM. -phew-
Man... I only took twelve minutes. Hahaha.
It's a record.
I sure hope she won't do that to me again tomorrow morning. *_*
It's like the second consecutive time. Haha.

Pretty slack at work today.
Cause it's a Monday... And there are always lesser customers.
Monday blues I suppose? Haha.
We came out with a conclusion that it's the second half of the month and everybody's too poor to eat at Sushi Tei.
Probably true...
It's always busy at the start of the month.

There's a new runner today!
Jia Xiang. Hahaha.
So close to Ah Xiang's name... He's Yue Xiang.
Now we're going to get a little confused.
Anyway, he's pretty nice.
Had lunch with us during our break time before leaving for somewhere else.
And he kept laughing to himself at our silly jokes and antics.
Erm... We can get pretty lame sometimes. :X
Topic of the day?
Stradford's gay. Hahaha.
Anyway he's a NTU student... Nice.
Somehow I prefer NTU students to NUS students.
Mum feels the same way too... Cause the NTU students attached to her company are so much better than the NUS ones.

Was feeling pretty good today... So I kind of served customers well.
There was this boy with his Mum... They were looking for Tamago Maki on the belt.
So I promptly went to find one and served them without them asking.
Helped out whenever I see customers looking for waitresses.
Oh!
Did Mixed Fruit Sushi for this little girl and her Mum.
Saw how much the girl liked strawberries.
Gave her another plate of strawberries! :D
She seemed so delighted. So cute. Heh.
Ahh... I enjoy serving such customers.
It gives me a sense of satisfaction. :)
And they're oh-so-cute.

Anyway, dinner time was boring.
Quickly get done with the belt and started cutting my unagis.
Think I'll cut another box tomorrow... Better be safe than sorry.
After that, hung around the counter and kitchen.
Yvonne was the runner... So I stayed in the kitchen most of the time.
Everybody's just slacking around and chit-chatting?! Haha.
And of course... Constant jokes from Yvonne. -_-"
She helped me massage my back cause I was complaining about the bad ache there.
Then Ah Low suggested 'cracking' my back bone.
It's like... Putting your hands behind your head.
While another person hold onto your elbow tightly and lift you up backwards.
It works! I've seen Ah Kun doing it last time. Haha.
Ah Low tried it on me cause Yvonne's afraid she'll break my bone or something. -_-"
But I didn't manage to crack my back... Cause I didn't bend backwards. Haha.
Still I can feel the pressure. Shall try it again next time.

Did I mention that we have a walkie talkie in the kitchen and the pantry upstairs?
Cause our telephone's kind of spoilt... Can't use the intercom.
All of us are like having fun using it. -_-"
The first time we took out the walkie talkie... Ah Low started playing with it already.
He held onto one of them while Karen held onto the other.
Then he started talking into it.
"yi1 zhi1 sao1 zhu1, yi1 zhi1 sao1 zhu1."
Meaning... One roast pig, one roast pig.
Hahaha. He thinks we're in a market or something?!
He's supposedly the chef?!
And mind you... Both of them were at the same level, a few feet away from each other. -_-"

The walkie talkie's a lot more easy to use than the telephone.
Cause what we say are broadcasted... Instead of waiting for someone to pick up the phone.
When we're busy... We can't be bothered to pick it up.
Oh and we can just chit-chat with the people working upstairs. :X
Just like today when Karen was working upstairs. Haha.
And when I had to contact Stradford who was in the pantry for his break.
I needed him to help get my chocolate wafer. :X

Everybody commmented that the place was more peaceful and work was more enjoyable...
Cause John's off. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home