Am back, am back! :D I bet everyone missed me, no? Hahaha. Oh well. Got home only last night at about 11PM. Was too shagged to write. Had to unpack and clear some stuff too. Anyway, my connection was giving me problems. Bloody SCV. Alright. Shall update about what we did for the past few days!
Thursday:
Met Linda in school in the afternoon. We were going to leave our bags in the club house and go walk around town before heading back. Boarding the bus only at about 9PM anyway. Jiansen was there too, and so all three of us went out together. Our main mission was to get the Christmas present we were supposed to buy. Exchanging presents in Penang. A little early but it's okay... Spending Christmas in school anyway so I guess it's the only time we'll be having the holiday feeling?
Took quite some time to actually find the presents! Gah. Buying unisex presents are such a hassle. Tsk. Jiansen bought a necklace with a dragon pendent on it. Linda got a cute radio that looks like a milk carton. It's damn cute! Mine's a simple display item which moves when light is shone on it. Solar power you see. -shrugs- Oh ya. Bumped into Benedict while walking around too. Poor guy just operated his knee.
Bought Famous Amos before heading back to school. :D~ Boarded the bus and set off for Penang. Long ride boy. Odel, Shurong and I were the only Year 1s in the bus, the senior bus. Was pretty glad to know that. Hahaha. Cause well... I think the other bus would be damn noisy and I don't know the people there well. Sat with Linda at the back. Freaking bumpy! Couldn't even take a nap initially cause it was so bumpy my head couldn't even stay on the cushion for long? Gah. Luckily I got pretty used to it. Took motion sickness pills from Huiying just in case. Haha. Guess what. My period came! Oh man. Luckily I was prepared! Took precautions cause Linda's came at the start of the week already. Last month mine came a day after hers. -phew- Man if only it came later, like after the trip or something. Slept on the bus most of the time.
Friday:
Reached the hotel during late mornings. Was supposed to reach there earlier, but our bus had problems and so we had to stop for a few hours to get it repaired before moving on. What a waste of time. :( Took pretty long for us to get checked in too! They made us wait at their dining place. Gah. Ended up playing Taboo! Quite fun. Haha. Oh we had our lunch at the tallest building in Penang. 59th floor. I hate the feeling of my ears getting stucked.
Checked in. Room 2716 with Shurong. We were the only girls at that level. Most of us got spilt up... Guess they didn't have enough rooms at the same level. How boring. :( Showered and went for dinner I think? Some restaurant. Walked around the area after dinner. Was supposed to go to some flea market thing... But it wasn't open I guess. Slacked around before getting to bed. There was training tomorrow you see. :)
Saturday:
Woke up early in the morning! *_* Did our usual warm ups and jogged around the carpark of the hotel a couple of times before doing some circuits. Some sprintings... Not much I guess. After that was aerobics! -_-" Oh man. What a weird place and time to do it. Repetitions of the one we had back in Singapore. Lastly, some twistings. Did punching that kind of thing. When you punch, you actually do twist your back. Reminded me of my Taekwondo days. Heh.
Had breakfast and headed to the dam. Our competition was going to be held there the following day... Went there to test water first. Nothing much. Just did our actual sets. Harder waters... But I guess it's about the same. They had ultra weird paddles though! It's damn small and narrow?! Looked absolutely ridiculous! We call them the a-go-go paddles. Hahaha. :X We used our own paddles though... The Typhoon ones. Some of the team bought them, so they kind of lent people who needed them for their sets.
Lunched at some restaurant after training. Didn't get to bathe cause time was running out. Could only bathe after lunch. Why do I have the feeling that the dishes we had was the same as yesterday's? o.O
Washed up and went shopping! :D Had to head to some temple first cause it was part of the package. Looked around. They had this very big statue of some Buddha. Drawed a lot too. Not the traditional method. It was this machine thing which you drop a coin in then the lights would start spinning till it stops at a number and you draw the paper with the number. Most of us got a bad lot. -_-" I bet it's inaccurate! It must be! Hahaha. Everyone was like laughing at my lot?! Especially Xueli! What's so funny! Grrr. Went to some shop to get our bean biscuit thing. Bought four boxes and some other snacks too. Heard they're pretty famous.
Okay man my entry might start to sound funny cause I'm getting tired. Shopping was next! We spotted a shopping centre with quite a few good shops in it. The tour guide brought us there. :D I think I bought quite a few stuff! Bought a black Nike cap for say... RM 53 I think? A Nike dri-fit singlet that's on 40% discount at RM 79! Freaking cheap! Bought two shirts, a pair of ear studs and a Fila shoe bag. Can't remember if I bought anything else. Maha. I'm a happy kid. :D But oh man. Should have gone to the Factory Outlet Store to check it out. Heard the stuff there are nice and cheap! Aish. It's okay. The stuff I bought is satisfying enough. :P
Dined and went back to the hotel to sleep.
Sunday:
Woke up freaking early again cause our first race was 8+AM?! Had breakfast and head to the dam. Quite a lot of people were there. Mainly the Singapore and Malaysian teams.
Okay. To cut things short, we brought back four trophies! Champion for the guys under 20, silver for the guys twelve men crew and two bronze for both the 20 and 12 mixed. The best results in Penang so far! Hahaha. Everyone was freaking happy. The last race for us was 20 crew mixed. When they came in third, we kept cheering and did the Kallang wave. Think a few passer bys were rather amazed with our team spirit. That's us, NPDB.
Oh this I got to mention. We did row for the womens 20 crew. Got fifth, but it's okay. We improved from our previous timing. First was Singapore Dragon Boat Association. In short, our national team. -_-" -rolls eyes- What's with the fancy name. Hahaha. Second and third was Nanyang Technological University and some Malaysian team. Fourth was Singapore Armed Forces Sports Association. Last was Safra, probably meaning TP? -shrugs- Well, to think I heard they were saying they can easy row for this race. -rolls eyes- If you're good, people will respect you automatically. You don't have to go round telling others about what you guys did or try hard to make people respect you. Nobody demands for respect. It is given by people. I admit you guys are good. But the attitude you all showed really pissed me off. And no. I'm not going to let you guys win anymore. No way. Okay. I got to apologise cause it might just be one or two who was cocky. Sorry if I accused anyone. We'll be seeing lots of each other, soon. :)
Okay back to blogging. Washed up in the hotel and had dinner. It was pretty late by the time all the races had ended. After dinner, exchanged presents in some function room. Haha. Quite funny. Someone actually gave a toothbrush. -_-" Weilun got my present. Aww. Was hoping some girl would get it... It's more of a girl thing. But aish... Since it's Weilun... Think it makes not much of a difference. Haha. :X Am I mean or am I mean? Hahaha. Ah Bao gave me hers! Such coincidence. Haha. It's a Fila water bottle. :D Not bad, not bad. At least it's something I'd get to use.
It was our last night in the hotel, and so we didn't have any curfew! Actually Mr Gohpi said 1AM... But while saying that he rubBed">bed one of his eyes. -hint hint- You know what I mean. Hahaha. He's a really fun guy and great teacher in charge. To think he went clubbing with Ah Huat on the first night! Tsk. Leaving all of us alone in the hotel. -shakes head- And he also told me how crazy he was when he was studying overseas. Clubbing every night. -shakes head- Still young at heart ey. Hahaha.
Was with Xueli, Thipa and Shurong on our way to one of the girl's room to hang out. We were happily chit chatting and playing while walking to the lift. But... Shit just happens. :( Apparently Ronald scared the shit out of Vivian and Jasmine so the both of them didn't want to stay in their room anymore. Some haunted room thing. Since Xueli's in charge of the girls... She had to solve that problem. Can see her face change... Scary. :( -sigh- And so the both of them switched to the room beside mine. The room beside ours belonged to one of the guys. There was a door linking both rooms you see. Aish. Settled down and the four of us just slacked in my room. Couldn't leave the two of them alone right? Yeah, our night was spoilt just like that. Just like that. :( By the time the two of them fell asleep and we wanted to go hang out... Most of the other girls were either asleep or in their rooms already. Boo. It was supposed to be the most important night of all! :( We could have done so much stuff. Bah! :( Huiying joined in the slacking after awhile and we all just chit chatted and stuff till about 3AM I think? They left while Shurong and I packed our stuff and slept.
Monday:
Checked out of the hotel in the morning and took the bus back to Singapore. Had stops for lunch and toilet breaks. Most of the time we stayed on the bus though. Played games">games! Card games">games... Snakes and ladders... Battle ship... Stuff like that. Hahaha. Jiansen can't stop playing Battle ship! He's freaking lucky I tell you! -_-' Ling wouldn't let me sleep till she wins me. Tsk. Oliver, Nikkole, Ryan, Ellyas, Jessica, Sheryl, Thipa, Jiansen and Shuling played the concentration game. They looked ultra cute and funny. Haha.
Reached Singapore at about 10+PM. Got home, unpacked and lazed around. Missed a day of school, not that I'm complaining. Haha. Overall the trip was pretty fun. The best part was probably the race and shopping. Food sucked, service sucked, toilet sucked, people sucked. Yeah, basically that's what Penang's all about, no? :X Oh and next year Shurong and I are going to make our juniors eat grass! Whee! It's going to be fun! Cause why? Thipa and Jessica tricked us into eating them during race day! -_-" We were watching the races when Thipa plucked this leave and she was telling me it's mint grass, edible. She looked ultra serious and told me to try it. I thought okay... Why not. But. Someone has to share it with me. Shurong became victim. Haha. At least I felt that something was amiss when that leaf didn't have mint smell at all. I just bit the grass a little and threw it away. Shurong happily chewed on it. -_-" Haha. Fine. We're going to make it a tradition! Next year I'm going to make my juniors eat grass. Mint leaves. -smirk-
Hmm. I had a very bad night. Maybe it's just a nightmare. -shrugs- Hopefully it won't happen anymore.
There was school today. I only went for the practicals though. Was too tired. Didn't want to go to school initially but I figured out that practicals are rather important. Quite a lot of Dragon Boaters skipped school. Gah. I so do not like school. :( Arg. There's school tomorrow again. Arg!
School = Death.
Thursday:
Met Linda in school in the afternoon. We were going to leave our bags in the club house and go walk around town before heading back. Boarding the bus only at about 9PM anyway. Jiansen was there too, and so all three of us went out together. Our main mission was to get the Christmas present we were supposed to buy. Exchanging presents in Penang. A little early but it's okay... Spending Christmas in school anyway so I guess it's the only time we'll be having the holiday feeling?
Took quite some time to actually find the presents! Gah. Buying unisex presents are such a hassle. Tsk. Jiansen bought a necklace with a dragon pendent on it. Linda got a cute radio that looks like a milk carton. It's damn cute! Mine's a simple display item which moves when light is shone on it. Solar power you see. -shrugs- Oh ya. Bumped into Benedict while walking around too. Poor guy just operated his knee.
Bought Famous Amos before heading back to school. :D~ Boarded the bus and set off for Penang. Long ride boy. Odel, Shurong and I were the only Year 1s in the bus, the senior bus. Was pretty glad to know that. Hahaha. Cause well... I think the other bus would be damn noisy and I don't know the people there well. Sat with Linda at the back. Freaking bumpy! Couldn't even take a nap initially cause it was so bumpy my head couldn't even stay on the cushion for long? Gah. Luckily I got pretty used to it. Took motion sickness pills from Huiying just in case. Haha. Guess what. My period came! Oh man. Luckily I was prepared! Took precautions cause Linda's came at the start of the week already. Last month mine came a day after hers. -phew- Man if only it came later, like after the trip or something. Slept on the bus most of the time.
Friday:
Reached the hotel during late mornings. Was supposed to reach there earlier, but our bus had problems and so we had to stop for a few hours to get it repaired before moving on. What a waste of time. :( Took pretty long for us to get checked in too! They made us wait at their dining place. Gah. Ended up playing Taboo! Quite fun. Haha. Oh we had our lunch at the tallest building in Penang. 59th floor. I hate the feeling of my ears getting stucked.
Checked in. Room 2716 with Shurong. We were the only girls at that level. Most of us got spilt up... Guess they didn't have enough rooms at the same level. How boring. :( Showered and went for dinner I think? Some restaurant. Walked around the area after dinner. Was supposed to go to some flea market thing... But it wasn't open I guess. Slacked around before getting to bed. There was training tomorrow you see. :)
Saturday:
Woke up early in the morning! *_* Did our usual warm ups and jogged around the carpark of the hotel a couple of times before doing some circuits. Some sprintings... Not much I guess. After that was aerobics! -_-" Oh man. What a weird place and time to do it. Repetitions of the one we had back in Singapore. Lastly, some twistings. Did punching that kind of thing. When you punch, you actually do twist your back. Reminded me of my Taekwondo days. Heh.
Had breakfast and headed to the dam. Our competition was going to be held there the following day... Went there to test water first. Nothing much. Just did our actual sets. Harder waters... But I guess it's about the same. They had ultra weird paddles though! It's damn small and narrow?! Looked absolutely ridiculous! We call them the a-go-go paddles. Hahaha. :X We used our own paddles though... The Typhoon ones. Some of the team bought them, so they kind of lent people who needed them for their sets.
Lunched at some restaurant after training. Didn't get to bathe cause time was running out. Could only bathe after lunch. Why do I have the feeling that the dishes we had was the same as yesterday's? o.O
Washed up and went shopping! :D Had to head to some temple first cause it was part of the package. Looked around. They had this very big statue of some Buddha. Drawed a lot too. Not the traditional method. It was this machine thing which you drop a coin in then the lights would start spinning till it stops at a number and you draw the paper with the number. Most of us got a bad lot. -_-" I bet it's inaccurate! It must be! Hahaha. Everyone was like laughing at my lot?! Especially Xueli! What's so funny! Grrr. Went to some shop to get our bean biscuit thing. Bought four boxes and some other snacks too. Heard they're pretty famous.
Okay man my entry might start to sound funny cause I'm getting tired. Shopping was next! We spotted a shopping centre with quite a few good shops in it. The tour guide brought us there. :D I think I bought quite a few stuff! Bought a black Nike cap for say... RM 53 I think? A Nike dri-fit singlet that's on 40% discount at RM 79! Freaking cheap! Bought two shirts, a pair of ear studs and a Fila shoe bag. Can't remember if I bought anything else. Maha. I'm a happy kid. :D But oh man. Should have gone to the Factory Outlet Store to check it out. Heard the stuff there are nice and cheap! Aish. It's okay. The stuff I bought is satisfying enough. :P
Dined and went back to the hotel to sleep.
Sunday:
Woke up freaking early again cause our first race was 8+AM?! Had breakfast and head to the dam. Quite a lot of people were there. Mainly the Singapore and Malaysian teams.
Okay. To cut things short, we brought back four trophies! Champion for the guys under 20, silver for the guys twelve men crew and two bronze for both the 20 and 12 mixed. The best results in Penang so far! Hahaha. Everyone was freaking happy. The last race for us was 20 crew mixed. When they came in third, we kept cheering and did the Kallang wave. Think a few passer bys were rather amazed with our team spirit. That's us, NPDB.
Oh this I got to mention. We did row for the womens 20 crew. Got fifth, but it's okay. We improved from our previous timing. First was Singapore Dragon Boat Association. In short, our national team. -_-" -rolls eyes- What's with the fancy name. Hahaha. Second and third was Nanyang Technological University and some Malaysian team. Fourth was Singapore Armed Forces Sports Association. Last was Safra, probably meaning TP? -shrugs- Well, to think I heard they were saying they can easy row for this race. -rolls eyes- If you're good, people will respect you automatically. You don't have to go round telling others about what you guys did or try hard to make people respect you. Nobody demands for respect. It is given by people. I admit you guys are good. But the attitude you all showed really pissed me off. And no. I'm not going to let you guys win anymore. No way. Okay. I got to apologise cause it might just be one or two who was cocky. Sorry if I accused anyone. We'll be seeing lots of each other, soon. :)
Okay back to blogging. Washed up in the hotel and had dinner. It was pretty late by the time all the races had ended. After dinner, exchanged presents in some function room. Haha. Quite funny. Someone actually gave a toothbrush. -_-" Weilun got my present. Aww. Was hoping some girl would get it... It's more of a girl thing. But aish... Since it's Weilun... Think it makes not much of a difference. Haha. :X Am I mean or am I mean? Hahaha. Ah Bao gave me hers! Such coincidence. Haha. It's a Fila water bottle. :D Not bad, not bad. At least it's something I'd get to use.
It was our last night in the hotel, and so we didn't have any curfew! Actually Mr Gohpi said 1AM... But while saying that he rubBed">bed one of his eyes. -hint hint- You know what I mean. Hahaha. He's a really fun guy and great teacher in charge. To think he went clubbing with Ah Huat on the first night! Tsk. Leaving all of us alone in the hotel. -shakes head- And he also told me how crazy he was when he was studying overseas. Clubbing every night. -shakes head- Still young at heart ey. Hahaha.
Was with Xueli, Thipa and Shurong on our way to one of the girl's room to hang out. We were happily chit chatting and playing while walking to the lift. But... Shit just happens. :( Apparently Ronald scared the shit out of Vivian and Jasmine so the both of them didn't want to stay in their room anymore. Some haunted room thing. Since Xueli's in charge of the girls... She had to solve that problem. Can see her face change... Scary. :( -sigh- And so the both of them switched to the room beside mine. The room beside ours belonged to one of the guys. There was a door linking both rooms you see. Aish. Settled down and the four of us just slacked in my room. Couldn't leave the two of them alone right? Yeah, our night was spoilt just like that. Just like that. :( By the time the two of them fell asleep and we wanted to go hang out... Most of the other girls were either asleep or in their rooms already. Boo. It was supposed to be the most important night of all! :( We could have done so much stuff. Bah! :( Huiying joined in the slacking after awhile and we all just chit chatted and stuff till about 3AM I think? They left while Shurong and I packed our stuff and slept.
Monday:
Checked out of the hotel in the morning and took the bus back to Singapore. Had stops for lunch and toilet breaks. Most of the time we stayed on the bus though. Played games">games! Card games">games... Snakes and ladders... Battle ship... Stuff like that. Hahaha. Jiansen can't stop playing Battle ship! He's freaking lucky I tell you! -_-' Ling wouldn't let me sleep till she wins me. Tsk. Oliver, Nikkole, Ryan, Ellyas, Jessica, Sheryl, Thipa, Jiansen and Shuling played the concentration game. They looked ultra cute and funny. Haha.
Reached Singapore at about 10+PM. Got home, unpacked and lazed around. Missed a day of school, not that I'm complaining. Haha. Overall the trip was pretty fun. The best part was probably the race and shopping. Food sucked, service sucked, toilet sucked, people sucked. Yeah, basically that's what Penang's all about, no? :X Oh and next year Shurong and I are going to make our juniors eat grass! Whee! It's going to be fun! Cause why? Thipa and Jessica tricked us into eating them during race day! -_-" We were watching the races when Thipa plucked this leave and she was telling me it's mint grass, edible. She looked ultra serious and told me to try it. I thought okay... Why not. But. Someone has to share it with me. Shurong became victim. Haha. At least I felt that something was amiss when that leaf didn't have mint smell at all. I just bit the grass a little and threw it away. Shurong happily chewed on it. -_-" Haha. Fine. We're going to make it a tradition! Next year I'm going to make my juniors eat grass. Mint leaves. -smirk-
Hmm. I had a very bad night. Maybe it's just a nightmare. -shrugs- Hopefully it won't happen anymore.
There was school today. I only went for the practicals though. Was too tired. Didn't want to go to school initially but I figured out that practicals are rather important. Quite a lot of Dragon Boaters skipped school. Gah. I so do not like school. :( Arg. There's school tomorrow again. Arg!
School = Death.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home