Monday, April 03, 2006

Wow the company bus rock my socks!
I still feel so refresh after a days work.
Well of course... With the sleeping on the bus.
I think I shall wake up at 6AM tomorrow!
Yayness! :D

Work today was good!
Radhiya was in charge of Utilities.
She's an ex-Ngee Ann student.
Damn nice and patient.
Taught us loads of stuff!
A little over dose though...
Both Minghui and I were struggling to keep up with her.
We had lunch with some of the Laboratory people.
Nice, nice.
At least attachment don't seem to be as bad as I had thought.
The NUS student attached to Laboratory joined our conversation too!
Okay I think I should really start writing my weekly reports and stuff. :/
Way behind time.
Later, later.

I know I'm supposed to write about Graduation Dinner.
But I think... Some stuff are better left unsaid.
As long as we all know it ourselves. :)
So I'll keep it short.
Just want to thank all the Year 3s for their countless support throughout the two years.
Without them... I would have been nothing.
Like what Ling mentioned in the video.
It's not the product that really matters... It's the process.
Throughout the two years in NPDB, we've been through many ups and downs together.
We managed to pull through because we stuck together as a team.
We shouldered everything together.

Many people questioned me... Why Dragon Boat?
Especially when it is so taxing?
Even during my ExxonMobil interview, the supervisor asked.
As well as Radhiya who asked the same question today.
Yes you can say it is a passion.
But it is definitely way more than that.
It is not the feeling of winning medals that really count.
I have 6 medals, but they're all on my shelf, pieces of metal, collecting dust.
People who see it would probably go wow.
How many actually know the story behind them?
Medals are just bonuses.
To me, the ultimate joy I found in Dragon Boating...
Which I can never find in any other sport...
Is to cross the finishing line with your team mates.
We win as a team, we lose as a team.
There is no me, you, or her.
It's just us.

I'm losing my train of thoughts here.
Cause there's just so much to say about the sport and the team.
Plus most won't know what it feels like and what I'm talking about.
Most of which can't be described solely by words.

For now, we'll all just train harder.
So as not to let the seniors down, nor the coaches.
I have to start stepping up trainings...
Victory will only taste sweet when the process is bitter.
Although now I know I'm not exactly a good leader.
But hopefully in time to come...
I'll be able to build a team of even better rowers.
I hope I can do it.
And I hope they'll support me too.

Together, we will get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home