Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Shall turn in soon after this post.

Had race during the weekend, MR 500.
I refuse to call it SR 500 cause it just don't seem right.
Currently I am too tired to type about all the details.
Shall just summarise.

4th for Womens IVP.
NJC, NTU, NUS.
To me... It was good enough.
My target was only to get into the Finals.
What with NTU and NJC in our Heats.
I know the aim wasn't high... But there were a few factors I had to consider.
With barely 2 weeks of intensive training after examinations.
What more can one expect?
While other teams were out training like some mad cows on the run, we were busy dealing with our lecture notes.
My expectation for the ladies was to just give me a good set.
And yes, they did. :)
You should have seen the video Ah Bao took.
Their strokes were... Amazing.
You won't understand unless you've seen the video.
Even I myself was rather impressed.

I know our results aren't what most people want.
But there's nothing I can do.
For now, I only want to work towards the next race.
June is coming.

2nd for IVP Mixed and 3rd for Opens Mixed.
During the IVP Mixed Finals...
For once, I really felt something.
Something which have been missing for quite some time.
That feeling.
After so long... It's finally back.
I will be looking forward to Mixed races from now on too. :)

Basically, the whole race was a rather good experience.
It felt... A little bit different.
I can still remember clearly how we rowed in the heavy rain.
How the guys echoed with us while we were doing warm ups in the rain.
How we hid under the mat to keep ourselves warm.
How both guys and ladies echoed together during IVP Mixed Finals.

For now... It'll be attachment and more trainings to come.
Till June.

Long pull!
Long pull!
Long pull!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home