Sunday, May 14, 2006

Woot!
Waiting for Mum to call us so we can go pick her up.
She left for Malaysia since Friday for some wedding dinner.
Wa I miss her.
All my clothes have not been washed since Friday. :X
Of course, I'm not going to make her wash them for me today.
She'll be tired.
Maybe I'll just ask her how to wash them and wash them myself.
Especially my training stuff.
Need them on Tuesday.
I think they're like super smelly now.
All the sweat and Kallang water. :S
Thank God they're in plastic bags.

Hoho.
Super tired.
Sea rowing yesterday and today.
Yesterday was bad. Bah.
Many people were either injured or sick.
So we ended up with only one boat.
Did weights first before rowing.
Our performance was horrible.
Although Wilson didn't say anything... But I felt so bad.
It's like wasting his time on us. :(
Especially when we only get to see him once a week, which is on Saturday.
Gah.
I was so afraid that... Everything will start to become like last year.
The feeling of being lost and lousy. :(

Driving this morning, 8AM.
Was super tired.
Had to literally drag myself there.
And I really suck at driving.
I got everything wrong.
So I hereby announce I'm going to fail my first TP. Yay.
No time to really go practise. :(
Damn busy and he's like so busy with his other students also.
So hard to book an appointment with him.
I can't skip work, cause I'm not allowed to.
And I can't skip trainings, cause my race is more important.
How now brown cow?
Aish. Whatever man.
Just take it one step at a time. See how. :/

Driving was so demoralising that I didn't even feel like going for training.
But... Ah Huat offered to fetch me there. :D
He just finished with church, which is around the corner.
We even had breakfast. Hoho.
Yay I hope he has church every Sunday and fetch me to Kallang. Maha.
I like having coffee with him. :)

Wilson wasn't around, so we were left alone.
He gave us instructions though.
The same stuff.
Rowed to our playground and did 5 minutes.
For my boat, our first set really sucked.
Don't know what the hell we were doing.
All never focus cause the other boat was super close to us.
Stroke rate, power, everything all messed up.
But!
After that set, all of us talked it out.
Like in which area we could improve on, things we should synchronise on and stuff.
I think it works better when everybody speak up instead of just one person.
Because after all, we're rowing as a team on the same boat.
It was good.
Second set onwards everything just fell in place. :)
Rowed till high. Hahaha.

Initially I wanted to give them discount.
Wilson's instructions were 5 sets of 5 minutes and 2 sets of 5 17 5 17 10 starts.
I was telling them during our fourth set that if we do well, we can settle for 4 sets of 5 minutes.
They met my expectations.
But they wanted to row more after that! -_-"
Okay, so we did 5 sets in the end.
And er... 3 sets of starts, because they were not satisfied.
If you think I'm mad about training... Think again.
I think I'm just average. :/

Anyway, for my boat, everything was okay.
Just that sometimes we will get a bit inconsistent with our up 10 and starts.
But overall it was much better, improvement.
If only Wilson was around to see it.
Huai Hui even gave us a scenario sort of thing while we were rowing?
Something like imagining one of the teams beside us.
Wa, after she said that all of us super high.
Cause the scenario she was saying really came to our mind.

The people in the other boat looked so... Upset. :(
If only we could be side by side always, pushing each other.
As a leader, even if the boat you're rowing at is doing well, it doesn't feel good when the other boat is not performing.
I think the major problem for them was that they didn't maintain the power.
Once the power drop, it is very hard to pick up again.
And also, morale will get lower and lower.
Maybe I should have coxed for them instead of asking Ashley to do it.
Aish. Too late to say such stuff now.
Just hope they'll be back on form for next training.
I want everyone to move forward together.

Gosh.
Where is Mum?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home