Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Ah. It's 5AM in the morning and I'm still awake! Studying OIC now... Just finished with the inorganic part so I guess I'm halfway done? Left with 11 chapters to go! Am still contemplating if I should continue studying or should I go to bed. I'm afraid I won't be able to finish studying everything by tomorrow. The examinations is on Thursday. Then again... I think I should be able to? Thank God there was the OIC test not long ago on the organic part, so I kind of remember most of the stuff there. I think? But! What if I wake up damn late tomorrow?! How am I going to finish studying! I'll decide after this entry. Bleah.

ICBE examinations today! It was erm... I don't know. I think I got to depend on luck now cause I realised quite a few of my answers are wrong. Especially the stoichiometry part. Hopefully he'll give me some method marks. :( Minghui was crying his eyeballs out straight after the paper. Think he couldn't do the material balance section. Yeah... Kind of understand how he feels. Cause that part is a whole 20 marks, and if you can't find a single answer at all, you can't find the rest of the answers. It's all linked up. Just like how I got screwed during common test. I just couldn't find the damn equation! Which ended up in me not being able to find a single answer to that whole question. He gave me a big red cross. Thanks. Guess material balance is based on luck. Some may take an hour and still not be able to find the equations, while others may solve it immediately. If you see it, you see it, if you don't, too bad. Oh well. Am pretty thankful I solved that question immediately without having to look too much.

Had so-called lunch with Qihui, Shurong and Xueli after the paper. Ahh... I was told that the freshies are going to get screwed when training resumes. Cause the feedback to Ah Huat about us was that our strokes are good, but power totally nil, zilch. I think it's pretty much true though. The boat did seem powerless. Think we won due to our strokes and stuff. At least the basics are there already... Just got to train up on our power. And so... He was telling Xueli he's going to start training us on strength endurance. Like oh my God?! Strength + Endurance = Death! I can feel my arms breaking already. Endurance trainings are bad enough... What with the gym whacking sessions and arms numbing sensations. Imagine doing endurance with heavy weights?! Aish. Nevermind... It's all for our own good. I hope it'll work on us. :) By the way, Xueli says she might have a chance to row with us for the next race! Yay. I want to row with her again. :D But. That's if I do get into the team. -ponders- Can't wait for the examinations to end quick. Then I'll do some major cleaning up of my room and train! Feel like running. :/ Oh yarh! We calculated the number of races this year. A lot! Okay there was the MR500. Heard there's an IVP race in June and another race in July. I think they're the same race though, for the Dragon Boat Festival. Just maybe one's IVP and the other's Opens. Then there's Sava Sprints in August and of course, River Regatta in November. Man... Sounds fun. :P Am looking forward to River Regatta somehow... Maybe to get back what we lost. Hmm.

Linda and Terry were saying I look damn stressed up when I row. Bummer. I hope it doesn't apply to my body and just the face... Cause it means my shoulders are tensed up, which is what I'm not supposed to do. Think MR500 was okay though... Didn't have the tensed shoulder feeling. We were like scanning through pictures of other teams. Interesting. NYP... -giggles- They look funny when they row. Wonder how do we look when we row? That funny too? Shall wait for the videos to be up! This reminds me... What ever happened to the River Regatta and Penang Pesta videos?! Aren't they supposed to be circulated? How come I never saw them. :/ Shall go ask Derick when I see him.

Gah. I'm officially broke. :( On a lighter note, Mum sort of increased my allowance! Yayness. Apparently Cheryl and I found out that she struck 4D again. Yarh, again. Man... She's really getting all the luck. Not that I'm complaining. :P And so Cheryl started bugging her about some debit card that she wants to apply, which costs 500 fecking bucks?! Was telling Mum that I think my sister is stupid and that I'm the smart one cause... What for pay for that card? It's okay, I prefer cash. Haha. Oh. Mum's going to Taiwan in April for some business trip thing. We wanted to go with her! I mean, us shopping. :X But urh. She don't allow. What she said was pretty much realistic. Cause... There's no point in shopping there when you have to pay $900 for the air ticket. Might as well shop in Singapore with the money. Oh well. It's good enough that she's increasing my allowance though it's not much. Must be satisfied. -nods-

Dum dum di di dum. Must make time to go down to Dad's shop during the holidays too. Shall ask Aunt to help me make a bag for my paddle. :D I'm not, not going to pay 50 bucks for that paddle bag! Especially when Aunt can help me do it for free? She's professional with the sewing machine. Okay... Her work scope is basically sewing those leather stuff for the motorcycle seats. Ah. Maybe I can choose the colour and material too. :D Shall go enquire if my Uncle has the lacquer to spray or paint the paddle. The advantages of having relatives working in the same area and the same industry. :D Can get everything for free. Wheee. But Dad still insists on me not riding a bike. Bleah.

I think I'll go study two to three chapters before hitting the sheets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home