Saturday, March 05, 2005

Long day today. Woke up at bloody 7AM to go to school. Had S&W attachment. How dumb right. What a waste of time. I could have slept longer? Freaking tired! Bernard gave a mini lecture on touch rugby... The rules and all. Watched some videos of some international competition. Had inter-class games after that. Shyam and the rest forced me to lead their warm ups. And so we came to a pact that I'd lead the warm ups... But not play. Ended up playing anyway. Played very little though... Sleepy. Some of the actual touch rugby girls came to help out for the entire session. Pretty nice people there. Think my class got 2nd or 3rd... Can't remember which. The Champion was good, really. They had very fast runners! Especially this Malay guy! He ran so damn fast that nobody could even touch him the whole while?! I think he could be matched with sprinters... Maybe even faster than them.

Rushed down to Cineleisure to meet Linda, Xueli and Dawn for lunch. Burger King. Linda and I shared a meal cause we were afraid we'd not be able to perform during training. Took a bus down to SDBA. We were really early... Lazed around. Drank H-two-O sparkling though I was told that I'd get stitches during the run later on. So weird... I never knew drinking carbonated soft drinks would cause stitches. Nothing happened though. Instead, Dawn was the one who wanted to puke during the run. -_-" I've got a strong tummy. See. United nations do help after all. :D

Loaded the boats and did a few sets of 1000M for warm ups. Shuling, Shurong, Xueli, Joyce, Linda, Li Nan and Ah Bao and Nikkole were on my boat. :D Did a few sets of 100 strokes, a few sets of 1 minutes, a few sets of starts. I think we did pretty well for those sets? Could feel the power and effort being put in by every rower. When we felt something amiss, we'd adjust immediately for the next set. I myself felt that rowing was really enjoyable... I did try. :) However, after all those power sets, there was 500M. Everyone was already tired out? Didn't do too well. After one set of 500M, Ah Huat picked people out to row another 500M. Hmm... I was picked... But... I don't feel good about it. Maybe cause I didn't do well for that 500M? Oh well. The seats aren't confirmed yet though. And I have a feeling I won't get to be in the IVP team in the end. Doesn't matter! Happy to just be training with them. :D

Hmm... Ah Huat said we under-performed today. Maybe cause of the 500M sets? I think the other sets were good. For my boat at least. Still not used to fast twisting... It's too fast for me to put in enough power. :( Wonder if it's me or what. -shrugs- I think my strokes are starting to improve though! Trying to get used to not tucking in my punching arm. Didn't tuck in as much as I used to. Ah Bao reminded me about my arm before rowing started... Then she didn't talk much about it anymore. So I guess... Maybe I'm doing it the right way? I hope so. Nikkole told me about me tensing up and curling up my body too. After trying for a couple of times... Kind of get it. Just got to relax and stretch out whenever I feel my body starting to curl up. I hope things would maintain this way, especially for tomorrow. :)

Dinner at Plaza Singapura and home I went.

Shall sleep soon.

Just a substitution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home