Thankful
I just turned 28 a couple of days ago.
How time flies...
It's been 4 years since I graduated.
And I'll be hitting the big 3 in 2 years.
Hope I'll still continue to feel "young"!
Anyway, didn't do much of a celebration this year.
Not a fan of birthday celebrations...
But a group of my boaters actually gave me a surprise dinner last Friday!
I initially thought it would be a random dinner with our small group of about 5-6 since we haven't met up for quite some time.
When we got there and met up and was about to enter the restaurant, suddenly a big group of them popped out with a cake! :)
Almost 20 of us in total.
Seniors and juniors in NTU, and new found teammates from Mountbatten CSC (NUS canoeists).
It was a very... Nice feeling.
To have all of them gathering together with me. :)
Even though some may not even know each other.
I feel so fortunate sometimes.
It's as though I have everything I could ask for.
And I am surrounded by awesome people.
I feel like they actually make me a better person, more grounded.
There are times when people start talking about their situations and how stuff has happened in their life.
Even myself, I do have my down moments, even now.
However, what kept me going was the constant reminder that things could have been worse.
It could have been worse.
It probably make me seem too positive sometimes.
But I am actually not the bubbly, chirpy, enthusiastic kind of person.
I'm just... Humbly thankful for everything.
On another note, I attended Jasmine and Treddy's wedding dinner last night!
Big congratulations!
Had the opportunity to finally meet up with old friends.
It felt... Nice. :) (sorry for my lack of vocabulary)
My two sisters are away on holiday, since months ago.
They will finally be coming back next month.
I've been alone with my parents since May.
One thing I noticed about myself recently.
I've been quite short tempered at home.
There's some kind of invisible barrier... I don't know how to describe.
I think it's like... If it's right, it's right. If it's wrong, it's wrong.
I just can't...
Hope things will turn better.
How time flies...
It's been 4 years since I graduated.
And I'll be hitting the big 3 in 2 years.
Hope I'll still continue to feel "young"!
Anyway, didn't do much of a celebration this year.
Not a fan of birthday celebrations...
But a group of my boaters actually gave me a surprise dinner last Friday!
I initially thought it would be a random dinner with our small group of about 5-6 since we haven't met up for quite some time.
When we got there and met up and was about to enter the restaurant, suddenly a big group of them popped out with a cake! :)
Almost 20 of us in total.
Seniors and juniors in NTU, and new found teammates from Mountbatten CSC (NUS canoeists).
It was a very... Nice feeling.
To have all of them gathering together with me. :)
Even though some may not even know each other.
I feel so fortunate sometimes.
It's as though I have everything I could ask for.
And I am surrounded by awesome people.
I feel like they actually make me a better person, more grounded.
There are times when people start talking about their situations and how stuff has happened in their life.
Even myself, I do have my down moments, even now.
However, what kept me going was the constant reminder that things could have been worse.
It could have been worse.
It probably make me seem too positive sometimes.
But I am actually not the bubbly, chirpy, enthusiastic kind of person.
I'm just... Humbly thankful for everything.
On another note, I attended Jasmine and Treddy's wedding dinner last night!
Big congratulations!
Had the opportunity to finally meet up with old friends.
It felt... Nice. :) (sorry for my lack of vocabulary)
My two sisters are away on holiday, since months ago.
They will finally be coming back next month.
I've been alone with my parents since May.
One thing I noticed about myself recently.
I've been quite short tempered at home.
There's some kind of invisible barrier... I don't know how to describe.
I think it's like... If it's right, it's right. If it's wrong, it's wrong.
I just can't...
Hope things will turn better.

1 Comments:
My congratulations! 28 is not too much, of course you will continue to feel young! Because you are young. Best wishes for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home