Thursday, October 11, 2012

Excited much?

Life's been an okay, i guess.
Its not mad great, but not mad terrible either.

Works alright so far.
Im much more independent on my daily job scopes.
But because of my introvert nature, progress is not as fast as i hoped.
I got to interact with all those ship crew, owners, other department people.
That, im managing but not so good at yet.
I know thats my disadvantage, trying to break through that barrier!
Believe i can do it better as long as i focus and put in more effort on that.

Anyway i had a super long 1-to-1 meeting with my big boss yesterday.
Freaking 1.5 hrs in his office!
Feedback session since im 1 year done already.
Gave him my honest opinions and such.
Never believing in humouring people too much, even if they're your boss.
Of course i shared some positive stuff too.
He took everything quite well! -phew-
And he had quite positive feedbacks about me. :)

I think i got to thank my immediate boss for that.
I was made to set up a particular system for my yard, which i did.
It was actually a very important system which i was appalled when i realised they didnt have it.
I think my attachment experiences helped me a lot.
So I did one for my yard, and the big boss heard about it.
He saw it at its initial phase, and now he wants it done for all 3 yards.
So now he's set up a team to do it and im in it.
And he's sending me for some management course for that system.
In a way i appreciate his recognition, but it means more additional work. :<
Hope the project would work! Its my baby. :x

Im just done with the IQC project report which he is super supportive about.
He, being one of the judges, ranked it highest amongst all the other projects.
It got selected for the competition... I was hoping it wouldnt.
Cause now we got to do a presentation etc etc.
More work again. :<
Hope its worth the effort.

I actually get very messed up with my job scopes sometimes.
I think im quite overloaded, until sometimes i feel i cant do my daily duties properly.
Apart from my usual officer workload for my vessel, i have so many additional job scopes!
And im wondering if anybody actually noticed that. -_-
Its way more than what officers usually do.
But okay... It'll be good if i can prove that i can manage them!

My big boss mentioned that he's ear-marked me as one of the "potentials".
I was actually half happy, half sad.
Sad cause i dont have the intention of staying. o_o
I think he knows that.
Cause right after he was talking about all the hidden priviledges if i really get "it".
About the special bonuses and etc etc...
Oh wells, see how it goes.
I still got 10 more months to go anyway.

Anyway, NP accepted me into their Specialist Diploma programme!
I got to take the pre-enrollment test first though.
Waiting, waiting.
Im hoping the company would sponsor me.
My big boss heard from my immediate boss that i got in.
He was quite surprised cause theoretically i am not eligible.
But he's okay about it and said that sponsorship is 50-50 right now.
He hopes i get it, but in a way im jumping everybody's queue.
Cause there's actually a lot of people in line for the programme.
But like not my fault that they didnt qualify rightttt.
And i fought aggressively for it on my own accord. o_o
Im going for the programme with or without the sponsor.

And i enrolled for bike license!
Like finally. :D
Havent start first lesson yet though.
Been busy and dragging it.
And slots are so hard to get!
Shall check for slots again later.
Its one of my targets.
Transportation wouldnt be a problem anymore if i can get the license.
Especially since i am going to study part-time.

Feels like i got a lot of things in line right now.
But got to remember to have time management.
Time management is bad at the moment.
Trying to adjust, hopefully it would roll out smoothly soon.

Oh and i think im like Keppel's sportswoman right now.
The other day one of the bosses saw me and asked if im from national team. -_-
And he asked why didnt i go for training.
Then another day in meeting, the yard boss says he heard i can swim well.
I bumped into him the following day and he was like saying its so hard to catch me.
And he asked me to join swimming, he'll be in it too.
So apparently everyone's been spreading rumours that im good in this, good in that.
Soon i will be good in basketball and maybe even golf! -_-
Even my big boss says the GM has been asking people to find me.
I havent even met him personally before. -_-

Its good exposure to be recognized... But thats a little bit too much no?
I feel like im being stalked and watched closely. o_o
And i havent even interacted with these bosses yet.
If i make a mistake, i think im screwed. D:
Is it cause im one of the rare females around?!

Generally, i feel quite pressurized at work sometimes.
I want to be good at my job, at my pace.
Okay maybe a little push is alright.
But not too much, and not like being so exposed.
Im only 1 year old there. :<

Ahhh. See how it goes.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home